Dany del Pino | Cuba
Dany Del Pino Rodriguez is a Cuban documentary photographer and teacher based in Havana. Alongside photography, he is an assistant professor a the Technological University where he leads workshops related to the technique, appreciation, and development of photographic projects. His education has shifted from veterinary- zootechnics to an interest in photography leading to the Cuban Institute of Cinematographic Art and Industry. He continues to learn by attending and leading workshops related to aesthetics, hermeneutics, and photography within the context of Cuban and Caribbean culture.
His work has found success being shown in Cuba and beyond in many countries across the Americas and Europe. In addition, he has appeared in several publications such as Docu-Magazine; Camera Owner, and FotoArgenta. Awards include the “Raul Corrales” Photographic Creation Scholarship, the “Frente al Espejo” by the Cultural Center o Spain in Miami. He was also mentioned in the Water Integrity Network annual photo contest and the photography competition of the Digitial Havana Times Magazine. His work continues to be honored and reviewed in magazines such as Cuban Art, Extramuros de la Ciudad, La Revista Negra, and “Cuba-Foto”. As a teacher, he has collaborated at Eckard College, FL, and the College of Architecture in Argentina. The anthropological and sociological character of his projects comes from his personal interest in the problems of an individual as a complex unit of the greater social body. He builds a visual language combining elements from the field of science that are taken and subtly applied to his artistic research. The result is a hybrid art form that reflects both technical and intellectual artistic training.
- 2022- Personal exhibition of photographs “Once upon a time…” (Raul Corrales Creation Grant of the Fototeca de Cuba in 2018). María Eugenia Haya Hall of the Foteca de Cuba, Havana.
- 2021- Personal exhibition of photographs “Inside of Regla” Social Documentary Network (SDN). Online.
- 2020- Group exhibition of Cuban photography “Relatos Contemporáneos”. PhotoEspaña, Casa America, Madrid, Spain.
- 2020- 3D virtual group show “Frente al Espejo”. Photography competition “Frente al Espejo” (In front of the Mirror). CCEMiami. At: www.ccemiami.org
- 2018- Group exhibition of photographs “Xábia Negra”. Festival of photography, theatre and black literature Xábia Negra, Alicante. Municipal Market of Xábia, Spain.
- 2017- Group exhibition of contemporary Cuban photography “Mala Yerba”. Isolo 17 Gallery, Verona, Italy.
- 2012- Personal exhibition of photographs “Cubania: Gesture and Gestuality”. Travelling exhibition of Caribbean Cinema. Art Gallery of the Cinemateca de Cuba, Charles Chaplin Cinema. Havana.