Oscar Santasusagna | Spain
For Oscar Santasusagna art is a simultaneous reflection of its context as well as the actor that rebounds it’s effect. Paintings are vehicles for storytelling, sharing messages, or evoking memories. A work that does not intrigue, move, or simply change the viewer in any small way could just be a technical exercise as beautiful as it is empty. The narrative nature of Santasusagna’s work harmonises painting and writing into something new. The universe of each composition is accompanied by a reflective title seen as an invitation to observe and enter the scene.
- “Mecánica celeste”, cover of Rochet&Pizarro’s music project with the work “El chico que soñaba con las estrellas” (2022).
- “Fables Keeper”: solo exhibition at Contemporaneo Art Gallery (Asheville, North Carolina, USA, 2021)
- “Jenny must die”: collaboration with the painting “Winter Song” with playwright Bill Lattanzi in his play “Jenny must die”, a stage production performed at The Providence Fringe Festival (Providence, Rhode Island, USA, 2020).
- “Art en femení”: selection of the work “Carta a les dones”. Group exhibition for Women’s Day at the Auditori Barradas (L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, 2019).
- “Art + BCN”, selection of the work “A los locos que sueñan” for the group exhibition at Redgarger (Barcelona, 2018).
- “Wanderlust”: solo exhibition at Departure gallery (Barcelona, 2018)
- “Art en femení”: selection of the work “Oda a l’amor”. Group exhibition for Women’s Day at the Auditori Barradas (L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, 2017).
- “Art LGTBI”: selection of the work “Elogio de la diferencia”. Group exhibition at the Alonso Vidal gallery (Barcelona, 2016).
- “Venus, myth, beauty and sensuality”: selection of the work “Ode to freedom”. Group exhibition at the Esteve Paluzie library (Barberà del Vallès, 2015).